Introduction:

I was born and raised in Mexico and came here when I was 18 years old. It has taken me a lifetime to complete my bachelor degree. I have taken many classes in different community colleges, and have obtained many certificates, but it is until now that I am close to obtaining my Bachelor's in Human Services. 
I am a parent engagement coordinator for a local  high school, and I work very closely with the Latino and Asian parents -I truly love my job! I am also a spouse and mother of three young women. One of my passions is Mexican folk dance, and my youngest daughter shares this passion as well. In fact, she has been dancing for over 10 years, and I have been her number one supporter. I believe folk dance fascinates me because it reflects the historical, anthropological and cultural background of a country.
I am very excited to take this class. After I read Professor Andres' blog regarding this class, I noticed the context in which this class will be taught is very insightful: it analyses history from a broad spectrum.



Comments

  1. Hello Alma, nice to meet you. I am also Mexican. Our culture is wonderful! Apparently we have in common the fact that it has taken us a long time to get a BA. I arrived here in 2004. Learning English has cost me more than I thought. I still struggle a lot but here I am, working hard to get ahead. I wish you the best for this course. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Research Presentation

Big History